Equity Cooperative Livestock Sales Association has announced the names of 10 college students who will receive $1,000 scholarships, and two technical college students who will receive $750 scholarships. The 2018 scholarship winners were chosen from more than 65 applicants.
The scholarships are funded through Equity Cooperative Livestock Sales Association and then forwarded and selected by The Cooperative Network’s Federated Youth Foundation. To be eligible, students or their parents are patron members of Equity Livestock. Applicants must have completed at least two semesters at a post secondary college or university and one semester at a technical school, as well as maintain a GPA of 3.0 or above on a 4.0 scale.
Applicants were judged on their scholastic achievement, extra curricular activities, leadership
abilities, academic and personal goals, and an essay summarizing educational goals and future career plans.
$1,000 scholarship recipients include:
- Rachel O’Leary, Janesville, studying food animal medicine at the University of Wisconsin-Madison
School of Veterinary Medicine.
- Erica Helmer, Plymouth, studying dairy science at the University of Wisconsin-River Falls.
- Emily Hutterer, Manitowoc, studying dairy science at the Univesity of Wisconsin-Madison.
- Kaila Wussow, Cecil, studying dairy science and agriculture marketing communications at the University
of Wisconsin-River Falls.
- Ashley Zimmerman, Spencer, studying agricultural education at the University of Wisconsin-River Falls.
- Mykayla Getschel, Osceola, studying agricultural business at Iowa State University.
- Bridget Cleven, Kendall, studying agribusiness/animal science at the University of Wisconsin-Platteville.
- Elizabeth Sarbacker, Verona, studying dairy science with ag business management at the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
- Montana Lins, Avoca, studying animal science/pre-vet at the University of Wisconsin-River Falls.
- Samantha Reicks, New Hampton, Iowa, studying agronomy at Iowa State University.
$750 technical college scholarship recipients include:
- Luke Wavrunek, Denmark, studying automated manufacturing systems at Fox Valley Technical College.
- Bridget Bastman, Stratford, studying veterinary science at Northcentral Technical College.
Equity operates 14 locations and services producers in six states with the marketing,
managing and financing of their agricultural businesses. For more information on Equity Cooperative visit, http://www.equitycoop.com